The Community Garden is at the corner of Arundel Drive and Ledard Road. It’s intended for the whole community to use and enjoy. ‘What’s going on in the garden ?’, you ask:
- In the raised beds we are growing small amounts of vegetables, herbs and flowers, please contact us if you want to know more.
- In the tyre stacks we are growing potatoes.
- We have a well developed compost heap – please add your household compostable waste, check the sign for what can be composted.
- We’ve built a living willow dome (with a little help from Urban Roots) for the kids to play in.
- We’re leaving some areas overgrown to encourage urban wildlife.
- We’ve planted some fruit trees.
We plan on continuing to add to the garden, and we’re also thinking about other spaces in Battlefield which could use some attention. You don’t need to have any gardening experience to join in, just come along. There are lots of opportunities for urban gardeners so please let us know if you’re interested !